Company History

Company History – 70 continuous Years of Power Logistics

1941 Hugo Wiedmann founds his haulage company in Bad Überkingen.
1974 A new corporate building is constructed in Geislingen that still forms today’s headquarters.
1975 Manpower: as new managing directors, Heinz Winz and Gert Wiedmann take over the driver’s seat.
1980 Continued growth in transportation field with strong accents in the automotive industry, as well as food and construction.
1998 New generation – Dr. Micha Lege joins the management board.
2000 Wiedmann & Winz enters the contract logistics market: foundation of the Logistics Center in Eislingen.
2005 Significant growth in transport capacity and european internationalization.
2007 Business expansion in Eastern Europe, foundation of a subsidiary in Sibiu (Romania).
2011 Southern Germany’s Power: 5 domestic branches, 150 trucks on european roads.